----"When I have no one around to tell me I can't. I've always done mysterious things."---- Bijay Gautam

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Go get it until you make it: Lesson I learned this morning


 

I woke up and walked to my balcony this morning to see sun glowing big. It was vivid taking my all attention.

But I witnessed something down on the road that took away my heart…..

It inspired me, motivated me and made me think for a couple of hours on it. I learned about persistent determination we talk about all the time.

A man came with a bag full of Bananas to feed monkeys….. He shouted to call monkeys to offer what he has got. Within few minutes a group of monkey came along and he was throwing bananas at them all. I was happy to see him caring for animals and serving them while most are attacking them. Though monkeys here are overfed.

I noticed three kids of age around 9 or less, one of them was not wearing top and rest two wore torn. They had big sack of plastics and waste bottles. They walked toward that man and asked, “Sir, Please give us one banana each, please”. I expected there will be no issue for him to offer after-all he was there to serve needy. To my amazement he shouted and said, “Get lost you donkeys”. And continued throwing bananas toward monkeys. Monkeys ate half and threw rest, they seemed hungry no more. That man left.

This was the moment those kids were waiting for, I knew it later. But while that man fed monkeys they remained quiet and waited him to go. All of a sudden firing stated! It wasn’t bullet but pebbles. They were collecting handful of pebbles and started attacking monkeys until they left bananas down there and ran away!  One ran and picked bananas up while two provided cover for him with continued firing. They could have been attacked severely but they knew the risk and gone for what they wanted.

Those kids made me realize that:

1.      NO doesn’t mean its over, it rather mean Next Opportunity. It doesn’t mean you back off but go even harder for it. They could have left with those words from man but they chose not to.

 

2.      If you are determined; you are going to get it. Just like they persevered in difficult situation. You cannot get anything until you prove that you badly need that and you are dying to get it. It’s not easy as all great things require determination, hard work and suffering.

 

3.      Work as a team, everything is achievable. Had one guy been there the chances of getting what he wanted would have been very minimal. Teamwork always pays and this is the game changing skill you have to develop if you want to win. Learn to work with team.

 

4.      Take Risk! Risk! Risk. Stop dreaming bigger unless you are ready to take risk. It is well said that if you stop taking risk, you stop living life. Why afraid of failure when you can win?  Why compromise for less when you can have much?

 

Go get it until you make it.
My heartiest gratitude for reading this post. Please remember knowing alone is not enough for success, you have to put them into actions. Please, Please, Please take action NOW!

With all blessings,
Bijay
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment