----"When I have no one around to tell me I can't. I've always done mysterious things."---- Bijay Gautam

Sunday 6 July 2014

Why Being An Explorer Is So Important?



“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
― AndrĂ© Gide

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.”

― Henry David Thoreau


Life is too short to be living within limits and boundaries. Living within some boundaries means you are missing most of your life.  As Jack Canfield described in one of his books, “Don’t be as dumb as an Elephant.” He cited, a baby elephant is trained at birth to be confined to a very small space. Its trainer ties its leg with a rope to a wooden post planted deep in the ground. This confines the baby elephant to the small area determined by length of the rope.  When the same elephant grows up into a 5-ton colossus that could easily break the rope, it doesn’t even try because it learned as a baby that it couldn’t break the rope.

May be you are holding yourself with similar kind of rope in form of thought or limitation in your brain because most of us are grown with our teachers, parents and friends who always said that success is not possible. They always laughed at us when we shared them our bigger dreams. They always said that it is impossible for us to achieve our bigger dreams. Now even after we are grown with unlimited potential and capacity we believe that we cannot achieve superstar level of success. We still hold ourselves back from walking to stage and addressing the masses, we take a back step from starting our own business and complain all life about our job, we are afraid of stepping to a person’s door and say him/her how much we love them, we are afraid of speaking the truth where we know we should be speaking for our self-growth and we still are afraid of asking for help from the person we know who has got what we want. We tattooed deep in our brain that the world is limited and we cannot achieve what we want and we are supposed to live a normal life. But the reality is different, we can be and achieve whatever we want if we believe that we can achieve.

I would like to share my own story of being an explorer and identifying many possibilities within myself which would otherwise have remained untapped and maybe I wouldn’t have been able to realize them all my life. Before I became able to speak in front of hundreds of people, I became a character to be laughed. I got goose bumps going on my body, cold blood ran my vessels and my hands and feet shook several times before I became able to conquer the stage. I failed and stood last in several speeches and I gave some really weird speeches but that’s what made me stronger; that’s what gave me an opportunity to learn new things every time. I saw a possibility within myself. I believed that someday I could speak with no fear, no goose bumps and strong still feet. Had I believed those all who laughed at my first speech or believed those who said that I couldn’t speak well in stage I would never have been able to bring several trophies, certificates and make new friends in every speaking competitions. But I believed myself; I heard only one voice, the voice that came from within, the voice that never doubted my caliber, the voice that always gave me strength and asked me to move further. I then just ignored what others blabbered about me or what they thought of me. And finally I did justice to my potential and hosted several school and college events, won many speeches and debate competitions and I am ready all the times to take stage even without any rehearsal.

Similarly, I was said I couldn’t score topper’s mark in my schooling which I proved to be wrong by topping college two years in a row; I was said I was physically weak and fragile, I explored myself and started jogging every morning and this December I am running half marathon; I was criticized for my writing now I look forward to write a book. I explore within myself and identify resources available around me to help me get what I want. I talk positive about myself, I read books on topics I want to learn, listen to podcasts and read blog posts and Google everything I need to know. You can’t abstain yourself from your success by making excuses like you don’t have time or you don’t know how. Losers and fragile hearted make excuses and victims love procrastination. Nobody is a born loser; it’s your choice to win or to be tagged a loser. You can always stand up once again and grow even stronger with more zeal and enthusiasm.

You have around you all the resources and tools you need in your journey to success. Be an explorer, go out and talk to the peoples who have already achieved what you want to achieve; ask them how they achieved and what possible difficulties they faced and how they solved them. If you need to know or learn something, find the best book or courses to learn from. Just take action, don’t sit and cry, EXPLORE don’t make excuses and don’t wait for right time, this is the best time to start. Make use of internet, take online courses, find people around the world with similar interests and share your ideas, join weekend classes. Don’t waste your every weekend on T.V, movies or computer games, dedicate some in some gatherings, motivational seminars and conferences on subject of your interest. Never say I don’t know how but say I will learn how, go beyond the boundaries, work extra hours, ask for help even to strangers they will help you too. If they reject, no worries ask someone else, don’t hesitate just speak up and ask many questions, smile and feel the positivity of world, the world is here to help you and fulfill all your needs. Why should one help you if you don’t ask for help? Why should one share you his struggle journey if you are not interested in knowing?

Success is of explorers, doers and those who neglect aspersions. Knowing what you need to know is not enough for success, you have to take actions. Let me speak you a bitter truth there is not a so called secret to success. If there’s something then it’s to take ACTION. You can’t be a business leader by just knowing how to do best business but by executing them into action and working on those ideas. Robin Sharma wisely said, “Ideation without execution is delusion”. First know everything you need to know and work harder to get what you want. Everything is then possible. You will then be a juggernaut. Sky is unlimited so keep exploring new opportunities, new skills and potential within you.

Thank you very much for reading this blog post. Feel free to share it with your friends. You can subscribe to my newsletters and like blog page in Facebook for updates and motivational posts.

 Have great time being an explorer!
Bijay

No comments:

Post a Comment