----"When I have no one around to tell me I can't. I've always done mysterious things."---- Bijay Gautam

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Looking Back At My 2013


Year 2013 is coming to an end. It taught me many lessons and had been best year ever. I am waving goodbye to 2013 with lot of gratitude for every great things it brought to my life. And also for hard times that served as a lesson for days to come. 2013 unfolded a lot of opportunities in my journey of successful life. I can’t forget great things 2013 gifted me and wanted to do a quick review before I start powerful with 2014. I reviewed my 2013 on following aspects of life:

Work:
Study being my primary job as a student I’ve done pretty well job this year. I was never satisfied with the tag of “average student” all my 15 years of schooling. I wanted a change. I wanted to upgrade my status from an average student to a talented one. I started my 2013 by setting a goal to top the college and that dream turned reality with all focused and consistent action I took all 2013 long. Beside my studies, on last quarter of year I focused myself on posting a blog post every weekend to boost my writing skills and share my ideas on personal growth. I clearly defined my long term career goal and planned it thoroughly. I achieved most of my career goals set for this year. Hence, I can say 2013 was more career oriented and much more productive year so far.

Physical health:
            Though I made no concrete resolutions about health in 2013, I was concerned to keep myself away from doctor. I completely recovered from corneal injury (I had on December 2012) in January. Beside that I didn’t needed to take any medication in 2013. I added 45 minutes of daily exercise in my schedule which includes stretching and jogging. I had experimented a nine weeks of vegetarian diet starting from May. During this period I avoided all kind of non-vegetarian food. I also started including more fruits, green vegetables and pulses in my diet. At the same time I was unable to control crave for junk food. I seek forward to make a strong health resolution and set a goal about my health for 2014.

            Family:
            As I am away from my family, I didn’t got to spend much time at home. But I never forgot to make my parents feel that I do love and care a lot about them. I did my best to keep them happy and to make them proud of me. I didn’t face any problems and trouble from my family. I got wholehearted support from my family for whatever I did and I needed. I constantly kept motivating my sister in dreaming big and was able to be a role model for her. I also had strong attachment with my uncles and their family; and my grandmother, whom I often called to receive her blessings.

Relationship:
2013 was a bumpy ride for me in terms of relationship. I was in a relationship which was whole lot of pain and sucked my all energy and focus. I couldn’t help myself as I was not clear to myself whether I was in need of any intimate relationship or not. I continued with that relationship with pros and cons but it started killing me even more emotionally. It was September when I decided to end that relationship as I deeply considered I have other areas of life where my focus is needed. Eventually, I accepted that I am not in need of any long term relationship and resolved to stay single for few more years. I think it was one of the smart and important decisions I made for myself. Now I feel much more energized and clear about my life and goals.

Social life:
My social life in 2013 was most successful among other aspects. I met a lot of new peoples and made a lot of new friends. I associated myself with social clubs and organized several programs under those clubs. I stood as most popular person in college as I started a club and took initiative in most of the college events. I built strong relation with my colleague and got support from them every time I needed. Starting from October I also experimented to make strangers my friends in which I achieved outstanding result. My social life reached next level in 2013.

Emotional:
I remained positive about my life and goals and constantly focused on positive outcome. Optimism dominated my life though I suffered some emotional jerks from love life. I couldn’t completely replace my negative thoughts with positive ones though I improved to a greater extent. I found myself more balanced, controlled, confident and happier in 2013 as compared to previous years. I understood more about life and never stopped dreaming big. I learned how to remain happy and calm. I started to see situation and peoples from various perspectives and act smartly to problems. I understood problems are temporary and shouldn’t afraid or run from them.

Mental:
Year 2013 is yet another important year regarding my mental growth. I continuously kept learning new things, reading new books and boosting my skills. I became a hungry student of self-help literatures picking a book every weekend. I learned more about personal growth, time management, productivity, meditation, blogging, recipes, physical health, foods and several other topics I felt like to read. I always kept my mind open to learn new things and broaden my knowledge like past years.

Character:
    Self-discipline is one of the most notable characters I built in 2013. I was honest and delivered most of the tasks as promised to build faith of others upon me. I did my best not to hurt others and build good moral characters. I was not completely able to keep my integrity as I slipped off time and often which is why I had to suffer.

Contribution:
I always believed that there’s no pleasure like contributing. The thread continued in 2013 as well. As contribution to the world I reduced use of poly-bags by more than 80%, I kept spreading message to protect environment and reduce pollution at my level. I gave motivational speech to around 100 peoples in July to make them believe in their potential and achieve their goal. I continuously shared my insights as blog posts so that people in need get inspired and motivated. I never hesitated to motivate and inspire my juniors to dream and achieve big. I donated my blood in November and pledged to be a regular donor.

Fun and adventure:
I was focused to my goals and dreams but still did not forgot to have had adventure and fun in 2013. I enjoyed almost all my weekends with a movie and participated in parties every month with friends just to have fun and recharge my soul. I experienced rafting in November and visited several new places. I hardly missed any opportunity to enjoy life as fun is also a part of our life.

Achievements:
There are several achievements worth remembering in 2013. I was awarded as best student of pharmacy in April for overall activities and performance in college. I achieved my goal and topped the college in September. I launched a club aiming to boost leadership and confidence of students in December. I successfully organized and managed several events in college and my home town.

After complete review of my 2013 I am now focused to set goals and plan my 2014. I seek to set strong, clear and focused goals for New Year. In coming year I will focus primarily in my career and health. I will shortly post about my resolutions for 2014. Stay connected!

With all best wishes,
Bijay.
                   
  
             


No comments:

Post a Comment